1/2 Photos of Mock Chicken Stock
1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Another stock recipe from Moosewood's Daily Special. A great substitute for chicken broth.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put the water into a large stockpot on high heat.
- 2Add the vegetables to the pot, then stir in the garlic, bay leaves, thyme, tumeric, salt, and parsely.
- 3Bring to a boil and cook uncovered for 15 minutes.
- 4Cover the pot, reduce heat to low, and simmer for one hour.
- 5Set aside to cool and then strain.
- 6Use the stock right away, refrigerate it in a sealed container for four days, or freeze it for up to six months.
Browse Our Top Stocks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stocks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mock Chicken Stock
Serving Size: 1 (691 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 115.3
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 242.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 9.6 g
- Protein 3.3 g