Cook1 hr 15 mins
Another stock recipe from Moosewood's Daily Special. A great substitute for chicken broth.
Make and share this Mock Chicken Stock recipe from Food.com.
- Put the water into a large stockpot on high heat.
- Add the vegetables to the pot, then stir in the garlic, bay leaves, thyme, tumeric, salt, and parsely.
- Bring to a boil and cook uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Cover the pot, reduce heat to low, and simmer for one hour.
- Set aside to cool and then strain.
- Use the stock right away, refrigerate it in a sealed container for four days, or freeze it for up to six months.
I made this today to use in my stuffing tomorrow. I want to try making lower sodium but easy as Stove Top. I don't believe the sodium count is correct! .com is saying water has sodium too? I will add more comment when I make my stuffing. Thanks for posting Katzen.
Edit: Made Stuffing Seasoning Mix #134834 for Thanksgiving dinner and this stock replaced the water and bouillon granules. Worked like a charm and made it very tasty!
Great stock recipe. I don't think it tastes like chicken but it's a good veggie stock. Lots of flavor. I halfed the recipe. I used it to cook rice and froze the rest.