Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
A great low fat Veggie dish from the BBC
Make and share this Miso Aubergine With Cucumber Noodles recipe from Food.com.
- 1 medium aubergine
- 2 tablespoons miso
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 100 g rice noodles (vermicelli or flat ones)
- 1⁄2 cucumber
- 1 -2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- Heat the grill to medium. Halve the aubergine lengthways and cut a crisscross pattern into the cut side. Put cut-side down on a baking sheet and grill for 10 minutes, or until the skin starts to brown.
- Turn over and spread 1 tbsp miso paste on each cut side, put back under the grill and cook for 15 minutes, or until the aubergine is soft and cooked through, being careful not to let it burn. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and grill briefly to brown them.
- Meanwhile, soak the rice noodles following the packet instructions. Peel the cucumber, then use the peeler to cut into thin strips. Toss these with the noodles and season with salt and the vinegar.
We enjoyed the miso aubergine, but we found the noodles a bit bland. In the end we added much more rice vinegar and salt. Also, this made four servings for us, rather than two. Very healthy though. Thanks for posting!