This is my foolproof way of getting perfect "every grain separate" rice, every time!
Make and share this Mirj's Foolproof Microwave Rice - Perfect Every Time! recipe from Food.com.
- Put rice in a micro-safe bowl.
- Add water.
- Swirl for 2 seconds.
- Add salt.
- Swirl again.
- Cover with vented plastic wrap or a loose plastic cover.
- Nuke on high for 12 minutes.
- Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Dump rice into a strainer and rinse under cold water.
- Place in micro-safe serving dish (or back in the rinsed out bowl), add seasonings to taste (onion soup mix, salt and pepper, hot chilles, whatever you like in your rice) and heat on medium for 5 minutes until it reaches desired serving temperature.
- If the rice is going to be part of a salad, you can use it straight away.
- This makes perfect,"every grain separate" rice, every time!