Prep 7 mins
Cook 15 mins
When I create a dish that I'm proud of, I put my name on it. I just made this up for supper tonight, as part of yet another diet. Yummy! I made it a little spicer than the rest of the family would like, so I get to eat it all myself!
- 1 1⁄4 lbs pumpkin, cut into 3 inch dice
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place the pumpkin dice in a large microwave-safe bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and combine thoroughly.
- Nuke, covered and vented, for about 13 minutes on high, this will give you a crisp bite.
- For a mushier dish, nuke for about 18 minutes.
Mirjam, the spice combination on this is fantastic! I didn't have sweet chili sauce so used 1 T honey and 1 T hot sauce. Also substituted sweet potato for the pumpkin. This is nice and spicy, though the cinnamon and honey with the sweet potato was also sweet. YUMMMMMY! Sorry, I didn't use the microwave method, though I'll try it next time (and there will be a next time!!) I had cooked the potato in water, drained, then mixed in the sauce. Create some more low-cal spicy stuff for me, would ya?! :^)