This is from Cooking Light magazine. The fresh, cool flavor of mint is a welcome addition to this warm-weather drink. Try serving it as a refreshing cooler with spicy Asian food. **I just made this for a potluck recently and everyone raved about it. I thought the sweetness was just right but I like sweet. Since a couple of reviewers thought it was too sweet...if you don't like sweet... start with less sugar and add more at the end.**
- Combine 2 cups water, sugar, and chopped mint in a small saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Cook until sugar dissolves, stirring frequently. Remove from heat, let stand 10 minutes.
- Strain through a sieve into a bowl; discard solids.
- Combine the remaining 4 cups water, sugar syrup, and lime juice in a large pitcher, stirring well.
- Serve over ice, garnish with mint sprigs and lime slices, if desired.