1 hr 25 mins
My take on Spanokopita. I added in the roasted red pepper because I love it and it matches well with the spinach and seasonings. I didn't add in feta. I would have, but mine went bad. It tasted delish anyway.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Roast red pepper whole in a 450*F oven for 20-40 until charred to liking.
- 2Wrap in foil and set aside Adjust oven to 350*F.
- 3In dutch oven, sweat onion, garlic, and a little of the spices over medium-low heat.
- 4Meanwhile, fold each sheet in half long-ways and cut into 3 even pieces.
- 5Place in muffin cups and place in oven for 10 minutes, then remove and turn around to the other side and leave in until crispy.
- 6Dump in spinach into onions and garlic and cook down. Season to taste.
- 7Once pepper has cooled, unwrap and peel (should come right off).
- 8Cut off top and take out seeds. Discard.
- 9Finely dice remaining pepper. Once spinach has cooked down, turn off heat.
- 10Drain liquid and stir in crumbled feta, if desired.
- 11Divide red pepper among the muffin cups and place in phyllo.
- 12Divide spinach mixture and place in phyllo.
- 13Serve hot, warm, or at room temperature.
- 14Warning: Phyllo will soften and/or get soggy later, so put back in a 350*F for a few minutes to crisp it back up.
- 15For Vegan omit the Feta cheese.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mini Phyllo Roasted Red Pepper-Spinach Bites
Serving Size: 1 (880 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 35.7
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 72.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 2.1 g