Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 7 mins
A pocket bread from our family pocket pal, Mignon.
Make and share this Mignon's Pita Bread / Pocket Bread recipe from Food.com.
- In a large bowl throughly mix 2 cups flour, sugar, salt and yeast.
- Gradually add the water and beat for 2 minutes at medium speed.
- Add 1 cup flour and beat on high speed for 2 minutes.
- Stir in enough flour to make soft dough.
- Knead the dough on high for 8 minutes.
- Place in a greased bowl, turn and raise for an hour.
- Punch the dough down and put on a flour covered board and rest for 30 minutes.
- Divide into 8 pieces. Roll each one into a 6 inch circle.
- Bake for 5 minutes in a 450-500°F oven on lowest shelf.
- Broil for 1-2 minutes on the top shelf until desired brown on top.
- Cut them while they are still hot - either into a pocket or in half.
This was so easy with the Kitchen-aide! I set the oven to 450 and put them on the bottom for 5 minutes, and the top shelf for 5 more. They turned out crispy on the outside and soft in the middle. And it is so tasty!!
Great recipe! Sooo easy, and I have been looking for a good pita recipe for ages. I used whole wheat flour & the dough was perfect. I also test-froze them, wrapped them frozen in alufoil and defrosted in hot oven. They came out as if freshly baked. Fantastic!