1/2 Photos of Mignon's Pita Bread / Pocket Bread
1 hr 37 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Hill Family's Note:
A pocket bread from our family pocket pal, Mignon.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl throughly mix 2 cups flour, sugar, salt and yeast.
- 2Gradually add the water and beat for 2 minutes at medium speed.
- 3Add 1 cup flour and beat on high speed for 2 minutes.
- 4Stir in enough flour to make soft dough.
- 5Knead the dough on high for 8 minutes.
- 6Place in a greased bowl, turn and raise for an hour.
- 7Punch the dough down and put on a flour covered board and rest for 30 minutes.
- 8Divide into 8 pieces. Roll each one into a 6 inch circle.
- 9Bake for 5 minutes in a 450-500°F oven on lowest shelf.
- 10Broil for 1-2 minutes on the top shelf until desired brown on top.
- 11Cut them while they are still hot - either into a pocket or in half.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mignon's Pita Bread / Pocket Bread
Serving Size: 1 (115 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 304.8
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 586.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 9.8 g