Source of recipe: Better Homes and Garden. This is a great substitute for Spanish rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium saucepan cook onion and garlic in hot oil over medium heat until tender. Stir in cumin; cook for 30 seconds.
- 2Carefully add broth, peas, tomato and cilantro. Bring mixture to boiling; stir in couscous.
- 3Remove from heat. Cover; let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork before serving.
- 4Garnish with cilantro sprigs, if desired.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexicana Couscous
Serving Size: 1 (86 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 143.5
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.4 mg
- Sodium 159.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 4.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: