1/2 Photos of Mexican Saffron Rojo Rice
This is too good not to share! I could eat it every day, if saffron wasn't so expensive! I like to serve this with a simple grilled main entree to allow the flavor of the rice stand out. And with the tomato, peppers, and saffron, it is a beautiful-looking dish as well!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Saute onions in a heavy saucepan until golden.
- 2Add rice; stir briskly to quickly coat with oil.
- 3Stir in bell pepper, cumin, chili powder, tomato sauce, salt, garlic, saffron, and water.
- 4Cover, bring to a boil, and then reduce heat to low.
- 5Cook for 30 to 40 minutes, or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed (periodically check to be sure there is enough liquid and to give rice a little stir).
Browse Our Top White Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All White Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Saffron Rojo Rice
Serving Size: 1 (206 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 197.3
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 818.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 3.3 g