From "Simply Heavenly" by Abbot George Burke.
Make and share this Mexican Potato Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons corn oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 lbs potatoes, cut in chunks & boiled until tender
- 2 1⁄2 cups tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 2 tablespoons parsley (I always use parsley) or 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped (I always use parsley)
- In a small pan, combine the salsa, lime juice, oil, salt, & cayenne. Cook uncovered until heated through.
- Add to everything else and toss well.
5 Stars, finally a potato salad mayonnaise-hater DH can love! I loved the lime juice with the salsa, apparently that's one of my favorite taste combinations. I made the recipe as written. If making this ahead, I would package the sliced mushrooms separately so they wouldn't get too soggy. Thanks for posting this, mliss! Made for Sept 2008 Veg*n Swap.
This was a terrific potato salad that I would make again. I don't eat mushrooms, so I substituted olives (less than 1 cup, to save calories). I also reduced the amount of corn oil. I used a salsa that contained artichokes and olives. The only problem I had with this was that it was a bit watery, so next time I would simmer the salsa, lime juice and oil for a bit longer. Otherwise a great alternative to a traditional mayonnaise-based potato salad! I loved the cayenne in this too. Thanks!
Aussie Swap #17: I recipenapped this and I am glad I did!! Outstanding potato salad - a wonderful twist on a classic!