Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This can be a delicious meatless meal, or you can add some browned meat or sausage to the mix before it settles in the crockpot to cook while you are busy. Serve with warm tortillas.
- 2 cups red potatoes, diced
- 2 cups frozen green beans
- 30 ounces canned black beans, drained
- 29 ounces stewed tomatoes or 29 ounces Ro-Tel tomatoes
- 16 ounces corn, drained
- 15 ounces garbanzo beans, drained
- 24 ounces vegetable broth or 24 ounces chicken broth or 24 ounces beef broth
- 1 cup salsa
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- Combine all ingredients in 5-6 quart crockpot.
- Cover and cook on low to 8- 9 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.
- For Vegetarian use the Vegetable broth option.
THis was pretty good. I decided that I just really don't like green beans so next time I will leave them out. BUt this get 4 stars for being easy, inexpensive, and yum!! Thank for the recipe Geema!
This is fantastic! I was looking for a vegee side dish to serve with chicken burritos when I found this. I tried it and my whole family (including 4-year old daughter) just loves it. I cut the chili powder down to 1/2 tsp. because the Ro-Tel tomatoes and salsa add quite a bit of spice (and I only had about 1/2 tsp). It was perfect. I was going to freeze the leftovers but we ate it up too fast!
we loved this easy-to-make soup which is also very adaptable. Instead of the canned tomatoes (which I swore I had but didn't) I used 1 15 oz can of tomato sauce and 1 can of tomato juice. I also added 2 bouillion cubes to 1 can of beef broth and 1 can of water. I used a bit less chili powder than specified as I was worried this would be too hot -- not in the slightest - it was just perfect. The salsa I used was mild. Thanks for sharing this keeper which we will be having often!