Only 6 ingredients! Add your favorite toppings for a hearty one-bowl meal. Very healthy, lots of fiber!
- Heat oil in dutch oven or large soup pot over medium heat.
- Add onion and carrot; cook and stir 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add water, salsa and lentils. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, simmer 30 to 40 minutes or until letils are tender.
- Serve by placing in a bowl and topping with a dollop of sour cream, sliced black olives, chopped green onions or corn chips. Be creative!
Simple, healthy and delicious! I halved the recipe (only cooking for myself), used red lentils, hot salsa and added some chopped jalapeno peppers because I wanted a spicier soup. With fresh ground pepper and a few dollops of plain yogurt, it was amazing!
SO EASY! This is really a nice hearty meal. I diced a small fresh jalapeno with the onions and carrots. This is a keeper. Thanks for sharing Pam-I-Am.
Easy peasy!! This hearty flavorful soup comes together so fast! I didn't have any carrots on hand so I threw in some leftover corn for color and texture. I shared this soup with my lentil loving friend Nancy and she too gave it three thumbs up!