If Popeye lived in Mexico, this is what he would eat.
Make and share this Mexican Green Rice recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 poblano peppers, roasted, seeded, peeled &, chopped
- 1 jalapeno chile, seeded &, minced
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup white rice
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Heat oil in saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook& stir onion, garlic& chilis for 5-7 minutes.
- Add water, parsley, cumin, salt& pepper; bring to a simmer over medium-high heat.
- Stir in rice, cover, and cook at medium-low for 10-12 minutes.
- Stir in spinach and cilantro; cook on low until rice is tender (4-5 minutes.) Remove from heat, fluff rice, and let stand for 5-10 minutes before serving.