1/2 Photos of Mexican Green Rice
If Popeye lived in Mexico, this is what he would eat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 poblano peppers, roasted, seeded, peeled &, chopped
- 1 jalapeno chile, seeded &, minced
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup white rice
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1Heat oil in saucepan over medium heat.
- 2Cook& stir onion, garlic& chilis for 5-7 minutes.
- 3Add water, parsley, cumin, salt& pepper; bring to a simmer over medium-high heat.
- 4Stir in rice, cover, and cook at medium-low for 10-12 minutes.
- 5Stir in spinach and cilantro; cook on low until rice is tender (4-5 minutes.) Remove from heat, fluff rice, and let stand for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top White Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Green Rice
Serving Size: 1 (230 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 261.4
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 315.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 5.1 g