Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Great for dipping tortilla chips or veggies. Also a great topper for tacos, burritos or enchilladas!!
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup raw cashews
- 4 ounces pimientos
- 1 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
Extra add in ingredients
- salsa (optional)
- green chili (optional)
- vegan taco meat (optional)
- olive (optional)
- tomato (optional)
- green onion (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and puree until completely smooth.
- Pour mixture into a medium saucepan and whisk constantly over medium heat until thickened, about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Stir in extras, if using.
- Serve with chips or veggies, or to top your favorite Mexican dish!