Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A favorite at our house. Great for those dinner-in-a-hurry nights.
Make and share this Mexican Corn Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup onion
- 3⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (30 ounce) can yellow hominy, drained
- 1 cup frozen green pea
- 3 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 fresh jalapeno, to taste,sliced
- Heat oil and saute onion, green pepper and garlic until it is soft.
- Add the remaining ingredients.
- Heat until boiling.
- Garnish with broken tortilla chips and avocado slices.
As a vegetable soup with nice fresh tastes, it paired well with some southwestern-style egg rolls. I think the flavors needed to meld longer, so if I made it again, I would add the green paper with the rest of the ingredients, simmer it for 10-15 minutes, and add the peas and cilantro at the very end.