Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 20 mins
Excellent salad for picnics and pot lucks! Very low fat and healthy. Add some grilled chicken or shrimp for a light dinner.
- 3 large ears of corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 red onion, chopped fine
- 1 tomato, seeds removed, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 limes, juice of
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Remove the silks from the ears of corn but do not remove the husks. Run some water over the husks of the corn to make them damp. Place on a cookie sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes Allow to cool slightly.
- Mix black beans, red onion, bell pepper, tomato, jalapeno, garlic and cilantro in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk the lime juice, oil and cumin together and set aside.
- When corn is cool enough to handle, remove it from the cob with a knife and add to the rest of the vegetables.
- Add the dressing and mix well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- The salad is best when allowed to sit for an hour.