I got this recipe from my mother-in-law, who got it from a colleague. She knows how much I like light bean and corn salads, so she made it with me in mind, for a bridal shower we were throwing. She thought I would love it, and I did! :) I've got a couple other bean & corn salad recipes I enjoy, but this one is a bit different because of the rice and salsa. Good for you and tastes good, too. Prep time is mostly due to the time it takes to cook the rice.
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 3⁄4 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup fresh grape tomatoes, halved
- 3 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 1 cup cooked brown rice, cooled
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup mild salsa
- Combine the salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix the dressing ingredients in a small bowl or measuring cup.
- Pour the dressing over the salad, and mix gently.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator overnight or at least two hours.