1/1 Photo of Mexican Bean and Corn Rice Salad
2 hrs 50 mins
Vino Girl's Note:
I got this recipe from my mother-in-law, who got it from a colleague. She knows how much I like light bean and corn salads, so she made it with me in mind, for a bridal shower we were throwing. She thought I would love it, and I did! :) I've got a couple other bean & corn salad recipes I enjoy, but this one is a bit different because of the rice and salsa. Good for you and tastes good, too. Prep time is mostly due to the time it takes to cook the rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 3/4 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup fresh grape tomatoes, halved
- 3 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 1 cup cooked brown rice, cooled
- 1Combine the salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- 2Mix the dressing ingredients in a small bowl or measuring cup.
- 3Pour the dressing over the salad, and mix gently.
- 4Cover and chill in the refrigerator overnight or at least two hours.
Browse Our Top Brown Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Brown Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Bean and Corn Rice Salad
Serving Size: 1 (1894 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 237.3
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 381.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.1 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 10.6 g