Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is from the Old El Paso website. I made this for supper tonight and my family loved it (my 18 month old son included!).
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 cup salsa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups instant rice, uncooked
- 1 1⁄2 cups corn
- 1⁄2 cup sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Combine all ingredients in large saucepan, except cilantro, and mix well.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover, remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes.
- Add cilantro and mix well.