Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This kettle corn is very delicious, and pretty sloppy. Trust me, it adds to it...
Make and share this Messy Microwave Kettle Corn recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups microwave popcorn (cooked, 1 bag)
- 2 tablespoons room-temperature squeezable margarine (optional, especially if using butter flavored popcorn, optional) (optional) or 2 tablespoons butter powder (optional, especially if using butter flavored popcorn, optional) (optional) or 2 tablespoons melted real butter (optional, especially if using butter flavored popcorn) (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine cinnamon (a shake or two will do it), vanilla extract, and sugar. Add about a tablespoon of water and microwave 4 minutes on High (watch that it doesn't boil over, it can!).
- Microwave popcorn, and drizzle with hot sugar mixture and butter ingredient.
- Some of the kernals will hiss, pop, and shrink, but that's the noise they make as they BECOME DELICIOUS!
- For Vegan omit the optional butter/margarine/butter powder unless using a Vegan Margarine [non dairy].
I was looking for a quick kettle corn recipe that I could use popcorn bags with. This was decilicious and quick. My hubby and kids loved it! Its really not that messy. I suggest melting the butter/sugar in a measuring glass with a handle, it get really hot and using the heat resistant spatulas to get all the carmeling mixture in the popcorn. Yummo-O!