This is my healthy recipe for marinara sauce. I use it is a dipping sauce and i also use it for pasta dishes. I LOVE IT! You could add fresh oregano, too, if you wanted, as well as some fresh black pepper. (WW: I think this is about 1 point/cup. The only thing that has points in this recipe is the stewed tomatoes, and those are 1 pt/ cup.)
- Saute garlic in nonstick cooking spray over low to medium heat.
- Once garlic is tender, add mushrooms and tomatoes.
- Mash tomatoes as the mixture becomes more sauce-like, about 10 minutes.
- Add basil close to the end of cooking time.
- You'll know when it's done!
- This is fantastic with whole-wheat pita triangles toasted in the oven with nonstick cooking spray!