1/2 Photos of Meow's Healthy Tomato-Mushroom sauce (WW)
This is my healthy recipe for marinara sauce. I use it is a dipping sauce and i also use it for pasta dishes. I LOVE IT! You could add fresh oregano, too, if you wanted, as well as some fresh black pepper. (WW: I think this is about 1 point/cup. The only thing that has points in this recipe is the stewed tomatoes, and those are 1 pt/ cup.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Saute garlic in nonstick cooking spray over low to medium heat.
- 2Once garlic is tender, add mushrooms and tomatoes.
- 3Mash tomatoes as the mixture becomes more sauce-like, about 10 minutes.
- 4Add basil close to the end of cooking time.
- 5You'll know when it's done!
- 6This is fantastic with whole-wheat pita triangles toasted in the oven with nonstick cooking spray!
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Meow's Healthy Tomato-Mushroom sauce (WW)
Serving Size: 1 (375 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 145.4
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 821.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 19.1 g
- Protein 9.4 g