1/2 Photos of Meow's Healthy Tomato-Mushroom sauce (WW)
This is my healthy recipe for marinara sauce. I use it is a dipping sauce and i also use it for pasta dishes. I LOVE IT! You could add fresh oregano, too, if you wanted, as well as some fresh black pepper. (WW: I think this is about 1 point/cup. The only thing that has points in this recipe is the stewed tomatoes, and those are 1 pt/ cup.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Saute garlic in nonstick cooking spray over low to medium heat.
- 2Once garlic is tender, add mushrooms and tomatoes.
- 3Mash tomatoes as the mixture becomes more sauce-like, about 10 minutes.
- 4Add basil close to the end of cooking time.
- 5You'll know when it's done!
- 6This is fantastic with whole-wheat pita triangles toasted in the oven with nonstick cooking spray!
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Meow's Healthy Tomato-Mushroom sauce (WW)
Serving Size: 1 (375 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 145.4
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 821.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 19.1 g
- Protein 9.4 g