Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This drink is delicious, has a slightly 'nutty' flavor and is good for improving the memory. It is especially rich in choline, one of the B vitamins that increases acetylcholine, a substance that is the message carrier of the brain. Recipe from Cherie Calbom.
- 4 -5 medium carrots
- 3 stalks celery, with leaves if you like
- 1⁄4 small head of cabbage, cut into sections that fit your juicer
- 1⁄4 lemon, peel, seeds, and white pith removed
- Cut the tops off the carrots and scrub well (you don't need to peel).
- Wash the celery and cabbage.
- Juice the carrots, celery and cabbage; add lemon as desired.
- Stir the combined juice, pour into a glass and serve chilled or at room temperature as desired.
GREAT DRINK, interesting flavor! I used half a head of red cabbage (for the color more than anything else) while doubling the recipe & will make another similar amount tomorrow morning! We usually do fruit smoothies, so this is a nice change of pace! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my raw food partners in the Vegetarian/Vegan Recipe Swap 3]