Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Healthy Low Fat Vegan Carrot Spice Muffins. VERY Good, and VERY Healthy!!!
Make and share this Matthew's Healthy Low Fat Vegan Carrot Spice Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1 3⁄4 cups whole wheat graham flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup vanilla soymilk
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl, add the liquid ingredients and stir just long enough to combine. Add the carrots and raisins and stir to combine.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray muffin pans with non-stick spray. Spoon the batter into the muffin cups. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean.
Very flavorful. I made these for my yoga class and they were very well liked. A few modifications I made: almond milk instead of soymilk and water, golden raisins, and stevia herb instead of sugar. I found my muffins quite dense, so be careful not to overmix the batter as I did.