This is in response to a recipe request. I can get matbucha from my local supermarket any day, but now that I have a recipe it should be simple to make it myself, and alter it to my tastes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grill or flame-roast the peppers and tomatoes.
- 2If you don't have a grill available, roast the peppers and tomatoes in the oven.
- 3After removing from the flame or heat source, place them in a paper bag and seal.
- 4After 5-10 minutes, the skins will peel off easily.
- 5Peel and seed peppers and tomatoes.
- 6Slice and chop into small cubes.
- 7Add garlic to vegetables and mix.
- 8Squeeze lemon juice and drizzle oil over salad.
- 10Salt to taste.
- 12Serve cold.
Browse Our Top Salsas Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salsas Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Matbucha -- Moroccan Grilled Red Peppers & Tomato Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (214 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 63.3
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 7.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 2.2 g