Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is in response to a recipe request. I can get matbucha from my local supermarket any day, but now that I have a recipe it should be simple to make it myself, and alter it to my tastes.
- Grill or flame-roast the peppers and tomatoes.
- If you don't have a grill available, roast the peppers and tomatoes in the oven.
- After removing from the flame or heat source, place them in a paper bag and seal.
- After 5-10 minutes, the skins will peel off easily.
- Peel and seed peppers and tomatoes.
- Slice and chop into small cubes.
- Add garlic to vegetables and mix.
- Squeeze lemon juice and drizzle oil over salad.
- Salt to taste.
- Serve cold.