Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A great sidedish, different than the norm.
Make and share this Mashed White Beans recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (19 ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, chopped (or 1 T dried)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- coarse salt and pepper
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over med heat. Cook garlic, stirring often, until golden, about 1 minute
- Add beans, sage, and water. Cook stirring often, until beans are hot and liquid thickens, about 4 minutes
- Mash beans, leaving some whole. Season with coarse sat and pepper.
I really enjoyed this dish! However, 1 1/4 cups of water was far too much in my opinion. I added 3/4 and still had to drain most of it, other wise it would have been too soupy. Had a great flavor though--Thanks akgrown.
i put it on the side of a tuna steak and it was awesome!! i also put some roasted tomatoes on top of the beans.