A delicious salad for any occasion. If you are lucky enough to live where you can get fresh lettuce in December this would be fantastic on a Christmas table. Don't be squeamish about onions and raisins, they go really well together. I have seen similar receipts in Polish and Finnish cookbooks.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Drain beets and chop into bite sized pieces.
- 2Chop onion.
- 3In a large bowl mix all ingredients except lettuce.
- 4Refrigerate 20 minutes.
- 5Wash lettuce and let it dry thoroughly.
- 6On a large serving platter arrange lettuce in an attractive manner.
- 7Spoon beet salad over lettuce.
- 8Cover with cling wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marinated Beet Salad
Serving Size: 1 (122 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 86.7
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 137.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 11.4 g
- Protein 1.4 g