Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Tyler Florence- a healthy summer dessert sure to cool you down. Add some splenda if you would like it sweeter.
- 2 mangoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 pint strawberry, hulled and sliced
- 1 lime, juice of, plus
- lime wedge, for garnish
- 8 cups ice
- mint leaf, for garnish
- Put the mangoes and strawberries into a blender or food processor. Squeeze in the lime juice and puree.
- Crush ice in a food processor or blender until it is very fine, like snow. Pile the crushed ice into dessert dishes; pour the fruit puree over until you can't see any more white.
- Alternatively, you can just blend everything up at the same time.
- Garnish with lime wedges and mint; serve immediately.
Yummy! I was able to omit the ice cubes by using about a dozen small frozen strawberries. I added 1 fresh mango, and about 1/4 cup of lemon juice. Perfectly sweet with lots of pucker power! This is more a smoothie than a snow cone, but I did freeze some in our snow cone containers to shave later for actual 'snow cones'. Thanks for posting a great Tyler recipe. :)