This is a recipe we created when we first moved to the Philippines and hadn't been able to find syrup or applesauce in the stores. We've found the syrup and applesauce now, but keep coming back to this delicious syrup.
- 1 large mangoes or 1 (15 ounce) can mangoes
- 1 -2 fresh pears or 1 (15 ounce) can pears
- 1 cup water (only if using fresh fruit. If using canned fruit use the juice from the can instead of water)
- 1⁄3 cup sugar (might use 1/2 cup sugar if using only fresh uncanned fruit)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch (or until desired thickness)
- Blend all ingredients together in a blender until smooth.
- Heat in a pan on low heat while continually stirring until reaching a boil.
- Immediately remove from heat and serve on your favorite pancakes or waffles. We serve this on our Waffles Perfect.