1/2 Photos of Maduros (plantain)
These are a traditional South American side dish. I serve them alongside a plate full of rice, meat, and boiled salt potatoes. They add a nice sweetness to the meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat approximately 1/4" oil in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- 2Peel the plantain, and cut at an angle, making slices about 3/4" thick.
- 3Brown plantain in oil, approximately 2 minutes a side, or until both sides are brown.
- 4When browned, remove from skillet and place on a paper towel covered plate to drain the excess oil off.
- 5Serve hot.
- 6The traditional way is to serve plain, but I like to sprinkle them with a little bit of salt for a nice, salty sweet taste.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maduros (plantain)
Serving Size: 1 (25 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 31.2
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 0.3 g