Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
You will be eating this tasty bowl of Tex-Mex deliciousness before you even realize you've begun cooking it! OK, maybe it's not THAT fast, but it's pretty fast. And more importantly, it's yummy (and vegan). I usually add a squirt of lime juice at the end to make it extra nice.
- 1⁄2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄3 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1⁄2 small chile, minced (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3⁄4 cup cooked brown rice
- 1⁄2 cup black beans, drained
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- chili powder
- salt and pepper
- shredded cheese (to garnish) (optional) or sour cream (to garnish) (optional) or cilantro (to garnish, optional) (optional) or scallion (to garnish) (optional)
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and sautee until translucent, about 4 minutes.
- Add bell peppers, corn, chile, cumin and coriander and cook another 2-3 minutes, stirring to keep from sticking (you can add a little water if you need to).
- Stir in rice, beans, salsa, and salt and pepper to taste; cook till heated through.
- Put it in a bowl, top it with your preferred garnishes, and dig in!
- For Vegan omit the Cheese and the Sour Cream.