1/1 Photo of Low-fat Vegetable Soup
A soup so delicious and easy andn low fat, too! an excellent soup to serve anytime! From Bon Appetite, 1995.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 medium zucchini, sliced
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 10 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 (10 ounce) russet potatoes, peeled,cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans vegetable broth
- 3 cups canned crushed tomatoes, with added puree
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- additional chopped fresh parsley
- 1Combine zucchini, carrots, mushrooms, onion and potato in heavy large Dutch oven.
- 2Add vegetable broth, crushed tomatoes, stewed tomatoes, 3 tablespoons parsley, cilantro, garlic, basil and oregano.
- 3Bring mixture to boil.
- 4Reduce heat, cover and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes.
- 5Strain cooking liquid into large saucepan; reserve vegetables.
- 6Place 3 cups vegetables in blender.
- 7Add 1/4 cup cooking liquid.
- 8Puree until smooth.
- 9Stir puree into remaining cooking liquid in saucepan.
- 10Return remaining vegetables to cooking liquid.
- 11Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 12(Can be prepared 5 days ahead. Cover and refrigerate.) Bring soup to simmer.
- 13Ladle into bowls.
- 14Sprinkle with additional parsley.
- 15Serves 8.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low-fat Vegetable Soup
Serving Size: 1 (441 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 85.7
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 147.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 3.8 g