Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is just delicious--moist and flavorful, chock full of protein, and LOW FAT! Oh, and it's at least partly whole wheat. What more could you want?!? This is a great way to work soy into your diet stealthily. :) Oh, and the secret ingredient is tofu. It replaces the fat in traditional recipes, and does a darn good job of it, too! :P Feel free to leave out the nuts. From "Tofu Quick & Easy"
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 8.5 x 4.5 x 2" loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Line pan with foil, letting edges overhang, and spray foil with cooking spray.
- Blend or beat the tofu and bananas together in a food processor or mixer until smooth.
- Scrape down the sides.
- Add sugar and vanilla.
- Process until fully blended.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flours, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add flour mixture to the banana mixture and beat or pulse in a food processor just until smooth.
- By hand, fold in walnuts, if using.
- Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until lightly browned, springy to the touch, and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack for 30 minutes.
- Remove from pan.
- Peel off the foil and let the cake fully cool on the wire rack.