This is just delicious--moist and flavorful, chock full of protein, and LOW FAT! Oh, and it's at least partly whole wheat. What more could you want?!? This is a great way to work soy into your diet stealthily. :) Oh, and the secret ingredient is tofu. It replaces the fat in traditional recipes, and does a darn good job of it, too! :P Feel free to leave out the nuts. From "Tofu Quick & Easy"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Spray a 8.5 x 4.5 x 2" loaf pan with cooking spray.
- 3Line pan with foil, letting edges overhang, and spray foil with cooking spray.
- 4Blend or beat the tofu and bananas together in a food processor or mixer until smooth.
- 5Scrape down the sides.
- 6Add sugar and vanilla.
- 7Process until fully blended.
- 8In a medium bowl, mix together flours, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- 9Add flour mixture to the banana mixture and beat or pulse in a food processor just until smooth.
- 10By hand, fold in walnuts, if using.
- 11Spread batter into prepared pan.
- 12Bake for 30-35 minutes until lightly browned, springy to the touch, and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- 13Cool in pan on a wire rack for 30 minutes.
- 14Remove from pan.
- 15Peel off the foil and let the cake fully cool on the wire rack.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Fat Secret Ingredient Banana Bread
Serving Size: 1 (87 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 161.1
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 141.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 13.1 g
- Protein 4.6 g