1/4 Photos of Low Fat " Mc Donald's" French Fries
I got this from Devin Alexander's cookbook, Fast Food Fix. They are wonderful! They taste very close to a full fat version of McDonald's fries. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring water to boil in a saucepan over high heat. Add one teaspoon of salt.
- 2Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 3Peel potatoes and slice into 1/4 inch fries.
- 4Weigh the potatoes and measure out 9 ounces.
- 5Transfer potatoes to boiling water and cook exactly 2 1/2 minutes.
- 6Drain in colander and let cool (about 5 minutes).
- 7Transfer cooled potatoes to a mixing bowl and add oil and 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- 8Mix gently to coat.
- 9Spread in a single layer on a non stick baking sheet.
- 10Bake for 20-25 minutes until crisp and golden.
- 11Turn every five minutes during the last half of cooking.
- 12Add the remaining salt if desired. (I found them plenty salty without).
- 13Note: Mine took 30 minutes to achieve the right level of crispiness--so check for crispness before removing from the oven.
- 14Chef Alexander states that this recipe is equal to a medium order of fries and has 5 grams of fat (as opposed to 17 grams of fat in the original version).
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Fat " Mc Donald's" French Fries
Serving Size: 1 (227 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 203.7
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4082.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 4.3 g