1/3 Photos of Lorraine's Luscious and Lovely Limoncello
168 hrs 2 mins
My friend Lorraine B gave me this wonderful recipe when I was looking for an interesting hostess gift. One of the best things about this recipe is that it only takes one week to infuse, as opposed to up to a month that I've seen in other recipes. I actually made a quadruple recipe and got 6 bottles to give as gifts (I kept one for myself, of course!). At last night's preliminary tasting (2 hours after bottling) I can tell you that this is a very refreshing tipple! I'm also going to try this with oranges this winter.
My Private Note
- 1Wash the lemons, using soap, rinse well.
- 2Peel the lemons. I used my Microplane Zester and got lovely lemon zest, but you can also use a potato peeler. Make sure not to get any of the bitter white pith.
- 3Place the peel into a bowl and cover with the vodka. I used a large Tupperware bowl with a cover.
- 4Let the lemons infuse in the vodka for one week.
- 5Line a strainer with paper towels and strain the lemony vodka into a bowl that will hold more than twice its volume.
- 6Mix the sugar with the water in a pot and let it come to a boil.
- 7Boil for 2 minutes, giving it an occasional stir.
- 8Let cool.
- 9Add the sugar syrup to the lemon vodka and mix.
- 10Place in your favorite bottle.
- 11Keep the Limoncello in the freezer (it won't freeze).
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lorraine's Luscious and Lovely Limoncello
Serving Size: 1 (63 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 34
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 91.8
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 10.2 g
- Protein 0.2 g