Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Another yummy Beatle-themed veggie dish.
Make and share this Linda McCartney's Oh-bla-di Enchiladas recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, dissolved in 1/4 cup water
- 1 lb firm tofu, drained and crumbled (defrosted if frozen)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup picante sauce
- 2 cups steamed spinach, chopped
- 12 corn tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- For the sauce, place all ingredients except the cornstarch mixture in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the cornstarch mixture.
- Cook, stirring, until thickened.
- While the sauce is simmering, prepare filling by combining tofu, onion, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, pepper and picante sauce.
- Put a small layer of spinach down the center of each tortilla.
- Top with 3 to 4 heaping teaspoons of tofu mixture and roll up the tortillas.
- Line 13" x 9" baking dish with filled, rolled tortillas.
- Top with sauce and bake for 20-25 minutes or until bubbling.