Missy Wombat's Note:
An Italian lemon liqueur which is wonderful as a summer drink if chilled.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash the lemons well.
- 2Carefully remove the peel only, cutting away as much of the white pith as possible.
- 3Put the rind in a sterilized glass jar with a lid, and pour the vodka over top.
- 4Cover, and place in the sun for 10 days.
- 5After 10 days, prepare a sugar syrup with the sugar and water.
- 6Bring them to a boil, then simmer for 10 minutes.
- 7Set aside to cool.
- 8Filter the vodka and lemon peel, by pouring through cheesecloth.
- 9Mix with the syrup, and leave for about 10 days to mature.
- 10Place in the refrigerator or freezer before serving.
- 11This liqueur will keep for months.
Nutritional Facts for Limoncino
Serving Size: 1 (1795 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3156.3
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 33.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 569.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 30.4 g
- Sugars 499.5 g
- Protein 7.7 g