Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My mom used to make these for us in the summer. Very easy - the syrup can be made in advance, and the limes and carbonated water purchased and used as desired. The servings are the number of phosphates made with 1 quart syrup (ballpark).
- Fill a quart jar with sugar; add vanilla.
- Pour boiling water into the jar, stirring constantly, until the sugar is completely dissolved and the syrup fills the jar.
- The syrup can be stored in the refrigerator and used as needed.
- To make phosphates, pour 1 1/2-2 ounces of syrup into a pint glass.
- Squeeze 1/4- 1/2 lime into the glass, and add the lime segment.
- Fill the glass with cold carbonated water and enjoy!