1 hr 5 mins
This lentil sauce is for the "after ski, sledding" type of cold winter day where you want some comfort "stick to the ribs" kind of meal. Serve with a light green salad and Ho Boy, Do ahead and warm up just before serving
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 3/4 cups water
- 1 cup brown lentils or 1 cup green lentil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/4 cups onions, finely chopped
- 4 teaspoons garlic, crushed
- 3/4 cup carrot, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, drained & chopped (save juice for another time)
- 3/4 teaspoon oregano
- salt & pepper
- 1Boil the water and add lentils, stir until water returns to boil.
- 2Simmer covered for about 40 minutes or until the liquid is absorbes and lentils are soft.
- 3Heat oil in a saucepan.
- 4Add onion.
- 5carrot, garlic& celery, Cook over low until soft, stir occasionally Season with salt& pepper, cover& simmer 5 minutes.
- 6Stir in the tomatoes& oregano.
- 7Add cooked lentils, stirring until well blended and hot throught.
- 8Serve over your favorite pasta.
Browse Our Top Lentil Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lentil Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lentil Bolognese for Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (342 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 302.3
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 52.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 18.9 g
- Sugars 9.8 g
- Protein 15.2 g