Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This slightly bitter flavor is more refreshing on a hot summber day than sweet lemonade. Posted for Zaar World Tour 2006. Cook time is cooling and chilling time.
- Finely grate the rind and squeeze the juice of 7 of the lemons into a large heatproof bowl.
- Remove any seeds.
- Finely slice the remaining lemon and set aside 4-6 slices to use for serving. Stir the remainder into the juice.
- Stir the sugar into the bowl and add the boiling water. Let cool to room temperature. Chill until serving.
- To serve, strain into a serving pitcher and dilute with cold water to taste. Stir in extra sugar is desired.
- Serve in chilled glasses, garnishing each one with a slice of lemon.
I will make this again. It is so refreshing. I followed the recipe exactly. I served it ice cold with lemon slices and ice cubes added. This is just the best thing on a hot day!
Deliciously lemony. :) I'm so pleased to have found this recipe as we love most citrus recipes. A recipe I'll certainly be making a lot next summer. Thanks for sharing this recipe, Kim. Made for Ali Baba's Babes for ZWT 5.
I am a lemon lover so I had to try this water and it didn't disappoint!! Just loved it and it was so refreshing on 90 degree May day!! I did add a little ice cold water but no need for more sugar for me!! Thanks Kim for a great recipe!! Made for ZWT5.