Prep 6 mins
Cook 15 mins
'Wink' A great home-made experiment of tomatillo sauce!
Make and share this Lemon Tomatillo Salsa recipe from Food.com.
- Peel the skin off the tomatillos and they should feel sticky, wash until it doesn't feel sticky and does not have anymore dirt on it; cut in half or quarter.
- Trim the stem of the pepper and cut in half.
- Cut all of the stems off the cilantro and wash so there are *no* bad leaves on them.
- Peel and score the clove of garlic.
- Put the tomatillo, garlic and pepper halves in a pot of water (doesn't matter how big, just make sire they have some room).
- Let the water boil for about five minutes in medium-high water, and wait till the tomatillos color turns a bit yellowish.
- Once boiled, move the tomatillos, garlic and peppers into a food processor with about 1/2 of a cup of the hot-water (you can eye-ball it) and mix with the lemon juice and cilantro.
- Blend until they are all mixed up and at the point between course and smooth.
- Move to a container and let cool (optional, but I recommend it).
- Put on anything and enjoy!