The Sous Chef Revolution's Note:
'Wink' A great home-made experiment of tomatillo sauce!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel the skin off the tomatillos and they should feel sticky, wash until it doesn't feel sticky and does not have anymore dirt on it; cut in half or quarter.
- 2Trim the stem of the pepper and cut in half.
- 3Cut all of the stems off the cilantro and wash so there are *no* bad leaves on them.
- 4Peel and score the clove of garlic.
- 5Put the tomatillo, garlic and pepper halves in a pot of water (doesn't matter how big, just make sire they have some room).
- 6Let the water boil for about five minutes in medium-high water, and wait till the tomatillos color turns a bit yellowish.
- 7Once boiled, move the tomatillos, garlic and peppers into a food processor with about 1/2 of a cup of the hot-water (you can eye-ball it) and mix with the lemon juice and cilantro.
- 8Blend until they are all mixed up and at the point between course and smooth.
- 9Move to a container and let cool (optional, but I recommend it).
- 10Put on anything and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Salsas Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salsas Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Tomatillo Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (44 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 95.9
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 35.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 3.9 g