Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A very quick, easy, tasty and filling dish.
Make and share this Lemon Spinach Couscous recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄4 cups water or 1 1⁄4 cups broth
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 teaspoon butter or 1 teaspoon margarine (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil or 1 teaspoon roasted garlic oil
- 2 cups spinach, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts (optional)
- orange rind (optional)
- Bring water to a boil.
- Add couscous, butter and salt.
- Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes.
- In a shallow pan, heat oil.
- Add spinach, lemon juice, pine nuts, and orange peel.
- Cook until spinach wilts slightly and changes color (about 1 minute).
- Remove from heat.
- Mix spinach mixture with couscous.
- Add freshly ground black pepper to taste.
This is really good. I didn't have pine nuts so I used walnuts and it was awesome!! Beautiful dish too, very gourmet looking.
Quick, easy to prepare and very tasty. Even my husband, who dislikes vegetables, liked this. I added a minced clove of garlic to liven it up a bit but otherwise prepared it as directed. A nice addition to my collection of low cholesterol recipes.
Sorry, but I did not like this. I couldn't even finish my serving. I'm sorry that I can't really describe exactly what I didn't like about this.