This is a hearty, thick soup! You can even say Stoup! Meatless! Good for those trying to avoid meat! The lemon bring an other flavor to it! Using can beans makes this quicker then fresh but if you have the time go for the dried beans.
- 1⁄2 lb ditalini, half cooked
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 onion, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1 bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 potato, diced finely
- 2 cups cannellini beans (1-16 ounce can drained)
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes with juice
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 tablespoon oregano, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Heat oil in large pot and saute onions, garlic, peppers, celery, and potato for 5 minutes.
- Add beans and tomatoes and cook for 15 minutes.
- Crush about a 1/4 cup of the beans to get it to a nice and thick consistencey.
- Add lemon juice, parsley, oregano, rosemary and pasta and cook unti pasta is done.
- Season with salt and pepper.