Simple, easy, quick and very tasty, put a bit of butter or margerine on the asparagus when you serve them if you want I don't bother they are so flavorsome plain
- Wash the asparagus and snap of the tough bottom stem.
- Bring to a boil 1 1/2 cups water in a fairly large saucepan (large enough so the spears can lay flat).
- Slice the lemon and put it in the pot along with the oregano and water.
- When it is at a roiling boil put in the asparagus cover and cook 3 minutes.
- The spears should be heated through but still crisp.
I'd never had asparagus with lemon and it was a wonderful change - word of advice ... watch how much lemon you use :)
Our local super had a sale on asparagus and I decided to try this recipe Friday night. The lemon and oregano gave the asparagus a surprisingly wonderful flavor. The asparagus was a side dish to my Oven Baked Maine Fish. Will definite keep it in my recipe file. Thanks, Bergy!
My favourite veggie and my favourite flavour, how could you go wrong!! Wonderfull bergy, thanks for sharing, used imported asparagus, can't wait for the wonderful fresh local asparagus, come spring!!