Leftover brown rice and cooked asparagus are perfect to make quick work of assembling this salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups cooked brown rice, cold
- 2 cups cooked asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces (about 10 oz.)
- 1/3 cup packed finely chopped mint
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt, freshly ground black pepper
- 1In large serving bowl, stir together rice, asparagus, mint and parsley.
- 2In small cup, stir together lemon peel, lemon juice and garlic, then stir it into rice mixture.
- 3Stir in olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- 4Cover and refrigerate up to 2 days.
- 5Let stand at room temperature for 1 hour before serving.
Browse Our Top Brown Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon & Asparagus Brown Rice Salad
Serving Size: 1 (135 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 126.3
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 9.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 3.0 g