Cook1 hr 30 mins
Truly, a wonderful soup!
Make and share this Lebanese Lentil Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Place cilantro in a food processor with garlic, 3 Tbsps olive oil, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Process until mixture forms a paste.
- Set aside.
- Sauté onions in 1/4 cup of olive oil until light brown.
- Add lentils and mix.
- Cook on medium heat for a few minutes.
- Add cinnamon and water.
- Turn heat to medium-high and cook, uncovered, for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Turn heat to medium, add remaining salt, spinach, potatoes and cilantro paste.
- and cook, uncovered, on low heat until lentils are creamy.
- Add lemon juice and continue cooking, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- (Total cooking time about 1 1/2 hours.) This soup can be served cold, warm or hot.