1/8 Photos of Kushi-dango (skewered Sweet Dumplings)
This is a Japanese recipe consisting of sweet dumplings on skewers. These are widely enjoyed in Japan and by...ME..hehe. You often see anime characters munching on these yummies.I have edited thsi recipe, noting that glutinous rice flour is used.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put rice flour in a bowl and add warm water.
- 2Knead the dough well.
- 3Make small round dumplings.
- 4Place the dumplings in a steamer and steam them on high heat for 10 minute
- 5Cool the dumplings and skewer them in bamboo sticks. (3-4 dumplings each stick.)
- 6Mix water, sugar, and soysauce in a pan and put it on medium heat.
- 7Mix the water and potatostarch in a cup and set aside.
- 8When the sauce boils, add the starch mixture and mix quickly.
- 9Slightly grill the skewered dumplings and brush the sauce over them.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kushi-dango (skewered Sweet Dumplings)
Serving Size: 1 (172 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 260.1
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 507.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 25.2 g
- Protein 3.5 g