This is a Sunset Recipe. Let me know how it is when you try it please.
Make and share this Kumquat Jam-Microwave recipe from Food.com.
- Wash fruits and slice to 1/8 inch thick-discard the seeds and ends.
- Chop coarse.
- In a 2-3 quart microwaveable bowl mix fruit with sugar.
- Cook, uncovered on high for 6 minutes-you want it to boil.
- Stir down and cook for 10 minutes more-stopping every 2 minutes to stir down.
- Jam will thicken as it cools.
- This will keep in your fridge for 2 months or freezer for 6.
I absolutely adore this recipe! It was so easy and is utterly yummy!!! And when you expect guests, you can make this jam the morning and have it ready by night! What an absolute treat!
I'd just like to add to my previous review that I tried this recipe again with two slight variations: I did crush the fruit somewhat in my food processor, and also added a blood orange to the mix. The jam came out even better. The orange smoothed the sharp kumquat flavor somewhat without masking it. Great stuff!
Very good and very easy to make. What took the longest was picking all the seeds out of the fruit! I microwaved it about 2 minutes longer than the recipe stated, and it set up nicely. Would definitely make again.