I invented this lemonade after visiting my favorite horse, Kricket. She's a curious little nosey-jane, and her curiousity inspired me to try something different.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grate lemon peels, save for other use (no point in wasting good stuff!).
- 2Roll lemons on the counter to loosen the juice, then juice lemons, and strain into a bowl.
- 3Meanwhile, mix the generous half-cup water with sugar, and bring to a boil, and boil, stirring often, until sugar dissolves.
- 4Remove sugar water from heat, let sit for a couple of minutes.
- 5Add lemon juice to sugar, and stir to mix.
- 6Pour into a pitcher, add remaining water, and ice cubes.
- 7Stir until ice dissolves.
- 8Now, this might be a bit strong for some, so adjust accordingly. I like mine very tart and strong.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kricket's Lemonade
Serving Size: 1 (682 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 430.2
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 12.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 123.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.1 g
- Sugars 99.9 g
- Protein 2.5 g