Here is a great idea for all you garlic lovers that use a lot of garlic in your recipes, with this method you will always have minced garlic when ever you need it, no need to start peeling and chopping cloves for a recipe it's already done and ready for use, in your freezer --- I usually do 30 large heads of garlic at a time so I have enough garlic for a couple of months --- to defrost just pop a frozen garlic cube in the microwave for about 15-20 seconds --- save your plastic trays to use just for the garlic as they will absorb the garlic smell :)
- 4 -5 heads garlic heads (use as much garlic as you like)
- oil (use enough oil just so that the garlic holds together, you will need very little oil)
- Separate garlic bulbs into cloves.
- Peel off skins on each clove.
- On a processor, chop cloves until minced.
- Place the minced garlic in a glass bowl.
- Add in about 2 tablespoons oil or just enough oil so that the garlic holds together; mix until the minced garlic and oil are completely combined.
- Using a spoon divide the minced garlic between each hole in the ice tray, pushing down with the spoon (fill up hole as much as desired).
- Place the tray in the freezer until completely frozen, then pop out of the trays into a freezer bag.
- Note: this method can be used with any amount of garlic.