1/2 Photos of Kittencal's Do-Ahead Garlic
Here is a great idea for all you garlic lovers that use a lot of garlic in your recipes, with this method you will always have minced garlic when ever you need it, no need to start peeling and chopping cloves for a recipe it's already done and ready for use, in your freezer --- I usually do 30 large heads of garlic at a time so I have enough garlic for a couple of months --- to defrost just pop a frozen garlic cube in the microwave for about 15-20 seconds --- save your plastic trays to use just for the garlic as they will absorb the garlic smell :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 -5 heads garlic heads (use as much garlic as you like)
- oil (use enough oil just so that the garlic holds together, you will need very little oil)
- 1Separate garlic bulbs into cloves.
- 2Peel off skins on each clove.
- 3On a processor, chop cloves until minced.
- 4Place the minced garlic in a glass bowl.
- 5Add in about 2 tablespoons oil or just enough oil so that the garlic holds together; mix until the minced garlic and oil are completely combined.
- 6Using a spoon divide the minced garlic between each hole in the ice tray, pushing down with the spoon (fill up hole as much as desired).
- 7Place the tray in the freezer until completely frozen, then pop out of the trays into a freezer bag.
- 8Note: this method can be used with any amount of garlic.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Do-Ahead Garlic
Serving Size: 1 (120 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 357.6
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 40.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 15.2 g