Prep1 hr 15 mins
This is an easy, really good pizza dough from the cookbook that came with my KitchenAid mixer. Last night, I topped it with grilled vegetables, pine nuts, and fresh mozzarella but the possibilities are endless. Enjoy!
- Dissolve yeast in warm water in warmed bowl.
- Add salt, olive oil, and 2 1/2 cup flour.
- Attach bowl and dough hook, turn to speed 2 and mix 1 minute.
- Continuing on speed 2, add remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, until dough clings to dough hook and cleans sides of bowl. Knead on speed 2 for 2 minutes.
- Place in greased bowl, turning to grease top.
- Cover, let rise in warm place until doubled in bulk (about 1 hour).
- Punch dough down.
- Brush 14 inch pizza pan with oil.
- Press dough across bottom of pan forming collar around edge to hold filling Top with fillings and bake at 450°F for 15 to 20 minutes.