Not everyone will like this, but those who do typically love it. It's great in a sandwich. It's also an easy chutney to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups chopped vidalia onions or 6 cups chopped bermuda onions
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (like Tabasco)
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (you can use more if you wish)
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1Combine all ingredients in a large, heavy saucepan.
- 2Over medium heat, bring to a boil-- stirring often.
- 3Once it comes to a full boil, remove from heat and pack into hot, sterilized one-cup canning jars.
- 4Seal with prepared lids (If you wish to process this, do so in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes).
Browse Our Top Chutneys Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Killer Onion Chutney
Serving Size: 1 (1155 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 171.3
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 611.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 24.4 g
- Protein 2.8 g